The first ever Access All Aerials Awards took place at Hannahs at Seale-Hayne last week. Hannahs radio presenters were joined by friends and family for a very special celebratory evening.
Thirteen awards were presented to people who have played a key role since Access All Aerials, Hannahs radio station, was launched three years ago. Everyone who is part of the Access All Aerials team was also presented with certificates in recognition of their contributions.
The main award winners were:
- Outstanding AAA Presenter/Show – Anna Todd
- Outstanding AAA Presenter/Show – Special Commendation – Andy and Nicola Roberts / Ruairi Corr
- Most Improved AAA Presenter/Show – Lewys Tapscott-Nott
- Most Improved AAA Presenter/Show – Special Commendation – Georgy Tubb
- Top AAA Newcomer – Stuart Page
- Top AAA Newcomer – Special Commendation – Hannah Lavell / Jak Whitfield
- AAA Station Ambassador Award – Jack Meadows
- Best Disability Awareness-Raising Show/Presenter – The Hannahwood Radio Team and Bex Marshall
- AAA Presenter’s Presenter – Rowan Ford
- AAA Hall of Faaame (Inducted 2016) – AAA Founder and Top Volunteer – Nicola ‘N-Robz’ Roberts / Roland ‘Crowzone’ Crow
Access All Aerials, Hannahs own community radio station, is run by a group of people with a wide range of disabilities. Broadcast from Seale-Hayne via the internet the station has gone from strength to strength since its launch. Nearly 50 presenters share 30 different shows throughout the week and they have now achieved over 185,000 show listens from all over the world. They have nearly 1500 followers with a facebook group of over 250 members and a twitter following of over 600.
The Awards were organised by Carl Munson and Dean Mottershead. Carl said “What a joy to celebrate five years in existence, three years of live online broadcasting, and the talents of our diverse team. We are not merely a community radio station, we are a radio station community. Thanks to Hannahs for making it possible for those who overcome adversity to broadcast and to the listeners who’ve taken us over 185,000 show plays.” While Dean said “The evening was a huge success and I was very pleased with how our first ever Access All Aerials Awards went. It was great seeing the winners really appreciating their awards”.
To listen to the Access All Aerials visit discoverhannahs.org/accessallaerials.com