BUILDING SERVICES ASSISTANT – FULL TIME 6 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
£18,027.48 per annum, pro rata
One of the UK’s oldest Charities, based in the heart of Devon, Hannahs is dedicated to empowering and providing children, young people and adults with profound physical and learning disabilities with life–changing opportunities and advocating their needs.
Two exciting opportunities have arisen for a permanent Building Services Assistant and a Fixed Term Building Services Assistant, supporting the Building Services Team at the Seale Hayne site in Newton Abbot.
Experience of carrying out general building and maintenance repairs is essential. Qualifications in a skill such as plumbing, electrical, plastering, brick laying or carpentry would be desirable.
You will work closely with the Building Services Supervisor and other members of the team in a unique location which is open seven days a week. The posts are 40 hours per week to include weekend working on a rota basis.
You must possess excellent communication skills, a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, and an ability to use your own initiative while lone working.
• Full induction training
• Ongoing training and development
• 30 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 32 days from April 2019, including bank holidays
• Auto enrolment pension
• Progression opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
• PLUS the opportunity to really make a difference
We will only accept fully completed application forms. For further information and an application pack visit our website www.discoverhannahs.org or call HR on 01626 325851
Closing date for applications: 9th November 2018
Dame Hannah Rogers Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal opportunities. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people and guarantee interviews to suitably qualified disabled applicants.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment.
- Job description
- Person specification
- Application form - Ivybridge (PDF)
- Application form - Ivybridge (DOC)
- Application form - Seale-Hayne (PDF)
- Application form - Seale-Hayne (DOC)
- Guidance on completing Application Forms
- Recruitment and selection policy
- Valuing diversity
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2017