We are looking to recruit experienced Support Workers to work as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team. This innovative role will involve working in the Children’s Home setting; to provide our young people with continuity of support for their everyday needs and to help them achieve their goals and aspirations.
It is a requirement of the role to hold a Level 3 Diploma in Heath & Social Care within 2 years of employment. This qualification can be undertaken through the Children’s Home if not already obtained.
You must have a positive flexible attitude, be able to offer a high quality of support, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a busy team.
Unfortunately at present, due to the current service user/staffing ratio, and the Trust's policy that male support workers cannot perform intimate personal care for female service users, we therefore have a genuine occupational reason why we cannot recruit male support workers at this time. We are however more than happy to receive applications which we will keep on our file and consider if our ratio changes.
• Full induction training
• Ongoing training and development
• 30 days annual leave entitlement including bank holiday increasing to 32 days from April 2019
• Progression opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
• PLUS the opportunity to really make a difference
We will only accept fully completed application forms.
For further information regarding our recruitment process or to request a hard copy of the application form, please contact the HR department on Tel: 01752 898182
Dame Hannah Rogers Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal opportunities and guarantee interviews to suitably qualified disabled applicants
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for these roles.
For an informal chat regarding the role, please call Nicky Grant, Deputy Manager for the Children's Home on Tel: 01752 898120.
- Job description
- Person specification
- Application form - Ivybridge (PDF)
- Application form - Ivybridge (DOC)
- Application form - Seale-Hayne (PDF)
- Application form - Seale-Hayne (DOC)
- Guidance on completing Application Forms
- Recruitment and selection policy
- Valuing diversity
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2017