Occupational therapy is an integral part of Dame Hannahs multi-disciplinary approach to support personal independence and activity engagement. Occupational Therapists work with the residents in the home setting and the wider community to support occupational engagement. Therapeutic input is tailored to individuals’ physical and cognitive abilities to support skill development and engagement to support greater participation and quality of life.
Occupational Therapy at Dame Hannahs offers:
• 24 hour postural management including postural assessment and implementation of specialist equipment such as sleep systems, specialist chairs and toileting equipment.
• Activity of daily living programmes to support greater independence in the home environment with personal hygiene, food preparation and household tasks.
• Community Access programmes to develop greater independence in areas such as money management, personal safety and orientation.
• Wheelchair driving workshops to develop driving skills.
• Sensory Assessments and interventions to support sensory regulation.
• Functional Vision assessments to support visual engagement.
• Upper Limb management programmes to support fine and gross motor skills and tonal management.
• Staff training to support client engagement.