Many of our fundraisers have a personal connection to Dame Hannahs, and have witnessed first-hand the work we do with those with a range of disabilities. They choose to raise money for us to help us continue providing the high quality services that support their family or friends. Others have been inspired to support us through challenge events and community fundraising.
Joining a Dame Hannahs Supporter Group offers the chance to build closer links with the charity, whilst forming new friendships and making a real difference. On average, our Ivybridge Supporter Group raises £5,000 a year from doing so many different activities: from hosting fashion shows or lunches to manning cake stands at local agricultural shows. Each Supporter Group has its own character and ideas for raising money.
What is being a Supporter all about?
- Becoming a vital part of the Dame Hannahs fundraising efforts, by organising events in aid of our charity
- Joining a group of like-minded people, promoting Dame Hannahs and spreading the word about the work we do
- Representing Dame Hannahs in your local community
- The opportunity to hold a responsible position in a group, such as Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer (dependent on vacancy)
What you will get out of joining a Supporter Group?
- The chance to develop a range of new skills and gain valuable fundraising experience
- Opportunities to meet new people, and develop a new network of friends
- Have fun and get creative!
- A chance to work as part of a friendly and supportive team
- Play an active role in your local area
- An opportunity to find out about, and get involved in, a local, thriving charity
- Flexibility – it’s up to you how much time you want to give. Group meetings are usually arranged to suit members’ availability.
What do you need to volunteer?
- A friendly, efficient manner and good communication skills
- Knowledge of your local area and community networks
- This role will require travel within your agreed working area, so you may need access to a vehicle/public transport
- A love for Dame Hannahs, a passion for telling other people about us
If this sounds like something you, or a group of friends, would be interested in doing please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.