Joining a Hannahs Supporter Group offers the chance to build closer links with the charity, whilst forming new friendships and making a real difference. On average, our Ivybridge Supporter Group raises £5,000 a year from doing so many different activities: from hosting fashion shows, lunches to manning cake stands at local agricultural shows. Each Supporter Group has its own character and ideas for raising money.
What is being a Supporter all about?
- Becoming a vital part of the Hannahs fundraising efforts, by organising events in aid of our charity
- Joining a group of like-minded people, promoting Hannahs and spreading the word about the work we do
- Representing Hannahs in your local community
- The opportunity to hold a responsible position in a group, such as Chairperson, Secretary or Treasurer (dependent on vacancy)
What you will get out of joining a Supporter Group?
- The chance to develop a range of new skills and gain valuable fundraising experience
- Opportunities to meet new people, and develop a new network of friends
- Have fun and get creative!
- A chance to work as part of a friendly and supportive team
- Play an active role in your local area
- An opportunity to find out about, and get involved in, a local, thriving charity
- Flexibility – it’s up to you how much time you want to give. Groups meetings are usually arranged to suit members’ availability.
What do you need to volunteer?
- A friendly, efficient manner and good communication skills
- Knowledge of your local area and community networks
- This role will require travel within your agreed working area, so you may need access to a vehicle/public transport
- A love for Hannahs, a passion for telling other people about us
If this sounds like something you, or a group of friends, would be interested in doing please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.