We are specialists in postural management and have the knowledge and facilities to ensure that the child or young person is as comfortable as possible whether sitting, standing or lying down. We provide assessments to support and maximise mobility.
Each child and young person will have a dedicated physiotherapist who will work closely with occupational therapy, speech and language, nursing, care and education teams as well as the parents to provide a full and appropriate wrap around service.
Our physiotherapy team is able to offer a wide range of physical activities including;
- Hydrotherapy - Hannahs has its very own on site hydrotherapy pool and regular sessions will form part of the child/young person's activity plan. Benefits include relaxing and decreasing high tone and spasticity.
- Rebound therapy - Hannahs trained staff can provide rebound sessions to focus on core stability, strength and posture.
-Management and maintenance of orthopaedic and spinal issues. Regular clinics are held at Hannahs.
- Input to the multi disciplinary orthotic clinics also held at Hannahs.
- Therapeutic horse riding - we work closely with a local RDA registered stables to provide access to horse riding.
- Standing frames are used to provide strength and allow stretching.
Hannahs also hosts wheelchair clinics working closely with wheelchair services to advise on the needs of our children and young people.
Hannahs physiotherapists also provide training for hydrotherapy, rebound therapy and respiratory needs to other members of staff so it can form a larger part of an individual’s activity plan for maximum benefit.